A Total Fire Ban has been declared for the below areas in NSW for Thursday 26th September
due to forecast hot and windy conditions.
The Total Fire Ban will start at midnight tonight, September 25, and remain in place until midnight
Thursday, September 26.
The Total Fire Ban covers the all Sydney Metro Councils, Blue Mountains and
The Bureau of Meteorology has advised that the Greater Sydney Region will have a ‘Severe’ Fire Danger Rating.
On a day of Total Fire Ban, there is a ban on any fires out in the open. People should report
any unattended fires to Triple Zero.
A gas or electric barbeque is allowed, but only if:
• It is on a residential property within 20 metres of the house or dwelling
• It is in a picnic area and approved by Council, National Parks or State Forest
• It is under the direct control of a responsible adult
• The ground around the barbecue is cleared for 2 metres of all material that can burn
• You have an immediate and continuous supply of water available.
For full details on Total Fire Ban rules and a map of current Total Fire Bans: